Treasure Island District 6 Gigantic 3 Event
The Gigantic 3 Program is a free bulky item drop off service that allows residents to get rid of unwanted household items at events within each San Francisco Supervisorial District. This event is open to only Treasure Island residents and other residents of the host district, District 6. **
Appointments are recommended, please call Recology Sunset Scavenger at (415) 330-1300 to make an appointment. Your name does not need to be on the Recology bill to make an appointment.
Proof of residency (Driver’s License or valid ID card) is required at time of drop off. Residents must be present with their items at time of drop-off. Commercial vehicles, haulers and other third-parties will not be allowed to drop-off items.
** Treasure Island residents may drop off items at either the May 25th Treasure Island Event or the second District 6 Event scheduled for August 17th, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon at Golden Gate Disposal and Recycling, 900 7th Street at Berry Street in San Francisco.
The following items are eligible for drop-off:
Green waste and other compostables including yard waste, landscaping debris and all other organic material such as leaves, grass, flowers, tree and brush trimmings, plants, weeds, food scraps, etc.
Non-recyclable/non-compostable waste including plastic bags, Styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, painted or treated wood, etc.
Large or bulky items:
- Curbside recyclable material (cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cardboard and all paper)
- Appliances (water heaters, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers).
- Scrap Metal (any item that contains metal, such as a kitchen chair, lamp, pipes, bird cage, bed frame, etc.).
- Mattresses and Box Springs (including futon mattresses).
- Electronics (including stereo equipment, VCR’s, old telephones and microwaves).
- Goodwill Industries will be on hand to recycle and reuse computer equipment (limit 5 computers per household)
Special wastes - The following special waste items can be dropped off at the Gigantic 3 site:
- Used motor oil/oil filters. Place used filters in a plastic bag. Do not mix motor oil with anything!
- All household batteries (non-automotive)
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes (broken tubes will not be accepted)
Goodwill Industries will be onsite to accept donations such as clothes or furniture in resale condition.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AT THIS EVENT:
- Used cooking oil/grease. Use the permanent SFPUC Greasecycle Station located at Island Cove Market. 850 Avenue H.
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) such as paint, solvents, pesticides, adhesives. Contact your residential property manager to schedule free Recology HHW pick-up.