Clipper Cove Anchorage
Recreational vessels may anchor in Clipper Cove. You must have a no-cost Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit if your vessel is in Clipper Cove for more than 24 hours. Follow all Clipper Cove Special Use Area Rules and Regulations at all times.
Changes to the Cove Anchorage Permit Process are in effect as of March 17, 2020. TIDA reserves the right to further amend the process as events warrant.
Long-Term Anchorage Permits are unavailable until further notice. Short-Term Anchorage Permits are available for a term of up to 4 days (96 hours).
Apply for a Short-Term Anchorage Permit:
Submit the following information by online form or by phone 415-274-0382:
- Vessel name
- Vessel CF number or USCG Doc. number
- Vessel type (i.e. sailboat, cabin cruiser, catamaran)
- Vessel owner/operator name
- On-board contact phone #
- Dates of Clipper Cove entry and exit - maximum length of stay is 4 days
Your Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit is issued once you submit this information. You will be contacted by TIDA, TIDA designee or the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) if you are in violation or your Permit is revoked or denied. Permits and permit applications will be revoked or denied if you or your vessel violate San Francisco Police Code Section 1.1 or the Clipper Cove Special Use Area Rules and Regulations.
Important Anchorage Permit Information:
- Anchorage Permits are no-cost.
- Anchorage Permits do not include TI Marina priviledges.
- Violation of San Francisco Police Code Section 1.1 and/or of the Clipper Cove Special Use Area Rules and Regulations will result in reovcation of Anchorage Permits.
- Violators are subject to a Notice of Violation, an Administrative Citation and removal of vessel from Clipper Cove.
- Vessel and vessel owner/operator are not eligibile for another Anchorage Permit until 21 days after the expiration of the current Anchorage Permit.
- Anchorage Permits are not issued to commercial vessels.
- No commercial operations in Clipper Cove without TIDA approval.
- Vessels shall not remain anchored in Clipper Cove after Permit expiration without explicit TIDA approval.
- TIDA may grant temporary extension of an Anchorage Permit if there is an imminent threat to life safety or property safety, or in the event of unsafe local weather conditions.
- Written requests for Anchorage Permit extension must be submitted to TIDA in writing prior to the Anchorage Permit expiration.
Resources for Boaters in Clipper Cove:
Slips at Treasure Island Marina:
TI Marina phone: (415) 981-2416
View the Treasure Isle Marina website
Marina offers monthly slip rentals, short term guest docks and day-use amenities. Amenities include showers, restrooms and pump-out facilities. Day-Use fees apply.
Report an oil spill, chemical release or maritime security incident inside Clipper Cove::
The US Coast Guard National Response Center hotline: 800-424-8802
Report an in-distress live stranded marine mammal (seal, sea lion, etc) on Clipper Cove Beach or in Clipper Cove:
The Marine Mammal Center: 415-289-SEAL (7325)
Report a dead marine mammal carcass on Yerba Buena Island or Clipper Cove Beach:
California Academy of Sciences Hotline: 415-379-5381
Vessel towing, battery jump, gas or other maritime assistance:
TowBoatU.S. (formerly Vessel Assist): 877-422-9869 (24/7) - Costs and fees will apply
Pay a Clipper Cove Administrative Citation: