Treasure Island Avenue of the Palms Detour Opens Saturday July 11, 2020
Includes MUNI 25 bus route and stop changes, Clipper Cove Way Detour closure
Treasure Island Community Development will open the interim Avenue of the Pines detour between the Causeway (connecting Yerba Buena Island and Treasure Island) and Ninth Street on Saturday, July 11, 2020. Once this Avenue of Palms Detour is opened, Clipper Cove Way detour from the Causeway to Avenue D will close. All other roads on Treasure Island will not be affected by this new Avenue of Palms Detour Road opening.
Over the next three weeks TICD will be paving a temporary roadway and shared pedestrian and bicycle lane to prepare for the Avenue of the Palms Detour
The Treasure Island community can expect the following on Saturday, July 11, 2020:
- All vehicles traveling onto Treasure Island will be directed by signage to continue straight to Avenue of the Palms Detour. At the first stop sign, vehicles will be able to turn right to enter the Building One parking lot or to the Island Market Deli and Treasure Isle Marina parking lot, or proceed to Ninth Street for all other destinations on Treasure Island. View diagram contained in Construction Advisory.
- Vehicles leaving Treasure Island will be directed by signage to the outbound lane on Ninth Street and Avenue of the Palms detour.
- TICD will install new stop signs, crosswalk and bike crossing at the intersection of Ninth Street and Avenue of the Palms Detour. View diagram contained in Construction Advisory.
- Inbound MUNI 25 buses will take the Avenue of Palms detour to Ninth Street and then travel east on Ninth street to Avenue M. Buses willl then make a loop south on Avenue M to Fourth Street and west on Fourth Street to Avenue H at the Treasure Island Job Corps center entrance before turning onto Avenue H and continuing north into the residential area where Avenue H becomes Gateview Avenue. Existing bus stops within the residential area will not be affected. View changes to the Muni 25 route and stop locations contained in the Construction Advisory, including new stops at the front of the Island and access to Building One and Island Markey Deli and Marina parking areas.
- The existing bus stops on California Avenue D will be removed. New bus stops on Avenue H and Fourth Street will be installed to serve the Treasure Island Job Corps Center. A new bus stop will be installed at Avenue B and Ninth Street to serve the residential neighborhood. A new bus stop at Avenue M and Fourth Street will also be installed.
- Detour road on Clipper Cove Way from bottom of the Causeway to Avenue D will be closed. The pedestrian pathway along Clipper Cove Way will remain open. A new crosswalk will be installed for access from the Building One Island Market Deli and Marina parking lot to existing Clipper Cove Way pedestrian path.
- California Ave. west of Avenue D will remain closed.
- TICD will install a new one-way entrance driveway from Avenue of the Palms detour to the existing parking lot adjacent to Mersea Restaurant. View diagram contained in Construction Advisory. The existing entrance and exit from the Mersea parking lot to Ninth Street will remain the same.
- Wayfinding signs will be installed after the road opening to direct traffic to destinations on Treasure Island.
- Expect increased traffic westbound and eastbound on Ninth Street between Avenue H and the new Avenue of Palms Detour Road.
Below: Avenue of the Palms Detour opening, associated traffic circulation changes and improvements to intersection of Avenue of the Palms Detour Road and 9th Street
Below: Pedestrian access to Building 1/Treasure Isle Marina/Island Market Deli/Tran's Bay Bike Shop and new MUNI 25 stops serving Building 1
Below: MUNI 25-Treasure Island bus re-route and new/relocated/closed on-Island MUNI 25 route stops