Yerba Buena Island Stewardship
The next Stewardship Volunteer Day is Wednesday January 15th, 2020 from 1 PM to 3 PM at YBI Quarters 10 Park/Clipper Cove Beach located at Treasure Island Road and Macalla Road on YBI!
** MUNI 25 passengers disembark at the Treasure Island Road stop (first outbound stop when reaching the Island), motorists park at the Treasure Island Administration Building, and follow the signage to the footpath leading to YBI Quarters 10 Park**
The Treasure Island Development Authority (TIDA) and San Francisco Environment (SFE) have proudly established the Yerba Buena Island Public Stewardship Program, hosting monthly public Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days on Yerba Buena Island and also offering special opportunities for school field trips, group and corporate stewardship volunteer experiences, and more!
The Yerba Buena Island Habitat Management Plan (HMP) calls for ongoing volunteer stewardship as well as contracted technical natural areas management of Yerba Buena Island's Natural Areas. As part of HMP implementation, this Public Stewardship Program offers individuals and groups an opportunity to perform hands-on volunteer stewardship and maintenance of Yerba Buena Island's outstanding Natural Areas. The opportunities available are suitable for all ages and abilities.
Monthly Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days
- Third Wednesday of every month; 1 PM to 3 PM
- YBI Volunteer Days take place at a variety of sites around Treasure and Yerba Buena Island. Check this webpage the week of the Volunteer Day for on-Island work location, or meet in front of the Treasure Island Administration Building by 1:00 PM on the Volunteer Day for a ride.
- Volunteer work party guided by SF Environment's Biodiversity Coordinator and TIDA staff
- Work includes using hand tools to plant native species, remove invasive plants and restore native plant habit, Clipper Cove Beach cleanup. All ages and abilities welcome!
Keep up with the latest on the Stewardship Program!
Monthly newsletter includes reminders of upcoming monthly Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days and similar special opportunities, information about Yerba Buena Island's native fauna and flora, and more!
YBI Stewardship Program Newsletters
- View the September 2019 Newsletter
- View the August 2019 Newsletter
- View the May 2019 Newsletter
- View the April 2019 Newsletter
- View the February 2019 Newsletter
- View the January 2019 Newsletter
- View all 2018 Newsletters
- View all 2017 Newsletters
For general information or inquiries, please contact Peter Summerville of TIDA staff at (415) 274-0660 or send an email