Yerba Buena Island Stewardship
The Treasure Island Development Authority (TIDA) and San Francisco Environment (SFE) have proudly established the Yerba Buena Island Public Stewardship Program, hosting monthly public Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days on Yerba Buena Island and also offering special opportunities for school field trips, group and corporate stewardship volunteer experiences, and more!
The Yerba Buena Island Habitat Management Plan (HMP) calls for ongoing volunteer stewardship as well as contracted technical natural areas management of Yerba Buena Island's Natural Areas. As part of HMP implementation, this Public Stewardship Program offers individuals and groups an opportunity to perform hands-on volunteer stewardship and maintenance of Yerba Buena Island's outstanding Natural Areas. The opportunities available are suitable for all ages and abilities.
Monthly Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days
- Third Wednesday of every month; 1 PM to 3 PM
Where: February 20, 2019 Volunteer Day happening at YBI Quarters 10 Park, Macalla Road at TI Road.
- YBI Volunteer Days take place at a variety of sites around Treasure and Yerba Buena Island. Check this webpage the week of the Volunteer Day for on-Island work location, or meet in front of the Treasure Island Administration Building by 1:05 PM on the Volunteer Day for a ride.
- Volunteer work party guided by SF Environment's Biodiversity Coordinator and TIDA staff
- Work includes using hand tools to plant native species, remove invasive plants and restore native plant habit, Clipper Cove Beach cleanup. All ages and abilities welcome!
Keep up with the latest on the Stewardship Program!
Monthly newsletter includes reminders of upcoming monthly Habitat Restoration Volunteer Days and similar special opportunities, information about Yerba Buena Island's native fauna and flora, and more!
YBI Stewardship Newsletters
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017 inagural edition
For general information or inquiries, please contact Peter Summerville of TIDA staff at (415) 274-0660 or send an email