Treasure Island Community Garden
The Treasure Island Community Garden, located on Gateview Ave at Exposition Drive is managed by Indigenous Permaculture, a local Bay Area non-profit organization rooted in an indigenous cosmovision that seeks to promote community development through traditional approaches in education, art, integral health, and traditional agriculture.
The Community Garden is a community facility dedicated to teaching the Island community about growing food, food self-sufficiency and food security. All events at the Communit Garden are free and open to all Treasure Island residents.
A calendar of upcoming events at the Community Garden is as follows, all events listed below take place between 9:00 AM and 12:00 Noon, residents may participate on a drop-in basis during the events:
- Saturday August 17, 2019 - Storing Vegetables
- Saturday September 21, 2019 - Equinox Celebration and Canning Food
- Saturday October 12, 2019 - Harvest Festival, the Three Sisters, Seeds Saving, Seed Balls.
- Saturday November 16, 2019 - Canning and Cider Workshop **
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 - Fire Cider workshop and Nutrition **
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 - Fire Cider Workshop **
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed with a ** will be held at the ShipShape Community Center, 850 Avenue I on Treasure Island
For more information on the Treasure Island Community Garden, contact Guillermo or Beck at email@example.com