Treasure Island Community Garden
The Treasure Island Community Garden, located on Gateview Ave at Exposition Drive is managed by Indigenous Permaculture, a local Bay Area non-profit organization rooted in an indigenous cosmovision that seeks to promote community development through traditional approaches in education, art, integral health, and traditional agriculture.
The Community Garden is a community facility dedicated to teaching the Island community about growing food, food self-sufficiency and food security. A calendar of upcoming events at the Community Garden is as follows:
- May 11- Planting Day
- May 18 - Introduction to Gardening, Design, and Planting
- June 8 - Compost and Nutrition
- July 20 - Attracting Pollinators to your Garden; Butterflies and Beneficial Bugs
- August 17 - Storing Vegetables
- Sept 14 - Canning Food
- October 19 - Canning
- November 16 - Canning and Cider Workshop
- January 11 - Cider workshop
- February 15 - Fire Cider Workshop
*Schedule subject to Change. Harvest calendar to follow.
For more information on the Treasure Island Community Garden and to learn how to participate in upcoming events, contact Guillermo or Beck at email@example.com