TICD Phase 1 Construction - Yerba Buena Island Traffic and Circulation Impacts
As of August 2018, Treasure Island Community Development has closed Yerba Buena Island's Macalla Road for 18-24 months for road widening and re-construction. Forest Road Detour road now carries motorists from the Bay Bridge Westbound off-ramp to Hillcrest Road. From Hillcrest Road, motorists continue along Treasure Island Road to reach Treasure Island.
YBI Streets and Traffic Circulation Impacts:
- Forest Road Detour road carries two-way traffic between Northgate Road and Hillcrest Road providing access to/from the new Westbound On/Off Ramps and United States Coast Guard.
- Macalla Road is closed to all vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist traffic between Northgate Road and Treasure Island Road.
- From Treasure Island, motorists wishing to reach the new Westbound On-Ramp east of the Bay Bridge tunnel, or other destinations on YBI, will need to take this Forest Road Detour road over the top of YBI to Northgate Road.
- No regular impact to the Bay Bridge YBI on-ramps and off-ramps.
- All other currently open YBI streets will remain open.
- Quarters 10 Park and Clipper Cove Beach remain open to the public during daylight hours. There is no on-site parking on YBI at Q-10 Park/Clipper Cove Beach, please use the public parking at the Administration Building on Treasure Island.
For Ongoing Motorist and Cyclist Awareness:
- Motorists and cyclists should expect increase in two-way traffic and heavy equipment construction traffic along Treasure Island Road and along Hillcrest Road.
- Motorists should expect construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway along Forest Road Detour road.
- There are no bicycles or pedestrians allowed on the new Forest Road Detour road.
- Cyclists and vehicles will share the road through the impacted areas along Hillcrest Road and Treasure Island Road.
- No impact to the Treasure Island Road/Hillcrest Road connection between Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge pedestrian/bicycle path trailhead and YBI Vista Point.
- No regular impact to the MUNI-25 Treasure Island bus route.
- Yerba Buena Island Bay Bridge Eastbound Off-Ramp remains open.
- Yerba Buena Island Bay Bridge Westbound On-Ramp located west of the Bay Bridge tunnel remains open.