Reporting Emergencies and Problems on Treasure and Yerba Buena Islands

Reporting Emergencies:

Dial 911 immediately to report all on-Island fire, medical or law enforcement emergencies, including those in Clipper Cove.

Dial 415-553-0123 for situations that require the San Francisco Police Department, but do not require an immediate police response (e.g., loud parties, a group of individuals loitering in front of your home, noise complaints, reporting theft and other property crimes).

The purpose of San Francisco's 911 Emergency Telephone System is to provide for the immediate response of police, fire, or medical personnel for emergency occurrences. To accomplish this, it is imperative that the calls received on 911 lines be restricted to those situations that require immediate dispatching of Police, Paramedic, or Fire Department personnel.

View more information on San Francisco's Emergency 911 system and how to "Make the Right Call".

Reporting Problems and Requesting City Services - SF 311:

San Francisco's 311 Customer Service Center is the primary point of contact for San Francisco residents to obtain information about City and County of San Francisco services, and to report problems on Treasure and Yerba Buena Islands. 

Dial 311 (or 415-701-2311), visit, or download the SF311 app here to file a report/request for on-Island City Services including but not limited to:

In the event that an on-Island 311 call from a cell phone is routed to City of Berkeley or City of Oakland 311 systems, please ask that operator to connect you to SF 311.

Reporting On-Island Utility Hazards and Damage:

Dial 911 immediately to report observed on-Island utility emergencies including:

  • Natural gas odor outdoors
  • Downed power line
  • Broken water pipe causing on-Island street flooding

Dial 311 (or 415-701-2311), visit, or download the SF311 app here to report utility infrastructure damage including:

  • Burnt out and flickering streetlights
  • Sanitary sewer overflows/standing sewage in public right-of-way
  • Cloggged stormdrains and standing water on public right-of-way

Reporting In-Building Damage and Malfunctions:

Contact your Residential Property Manager (residential units) or TIDA (commercial properties) for utility issues including but not limited to:

  • Natural gas odor within a residential unit or commercial property
  • No utility (water, gas, power) service to an individual residential unit or individual commercial property (i.e. the lack of service is not part of a planned or unplanned on-Island service interruption)
  • Plumbing/electrical/heating fixture or appliance issues within your residential unit
  • Roof or window leaks

Contact your telecommunications service provider's Customer Service or Customer Accounts divisions directly to report issues and connectivity problems with telecommunications service (Comcast, AT&T landline, wireless cellular providers, etc) on-Island.

How to Report Abandoned Waste on Treasure Island:

Residents and staff alike may report abandoned waste on Treasure Island by calling SF 311 (Dial 311 or 415-701-2311) or through the 311 app. (Service > Cleaner Streets > Street or Sidewalk Cleaning).  Please specify location and item in question.  A Recology Abandoned Waste truck will visit the Island daily sometime between 3A and 5A to sweep the TI residential area and pick up any dumped items.

Any call that comes in the day prior will be scheduled for the next day.   Also, if the waste is on a lawn, the drivers will classify that as private property, and it will not be collected.  Recology will collect dumped items in TI residential not reported through 311, but reporting observed items to 311 is still requested.

Making Complaints or Filing a Claim Against the City and County of San Francisco:

Visit the Office of the City Attorney’s website for full information on making a complaint or filing a claim against the City.