TICD Phase 1 Construction - Traffic Circulation, Street Closures and Parking Restrictions
The below changes to on-Island streets and traffic circulation are now in effect:
Please drive safely on-Island at all times. Motorists and cyclists are reminded to Share the Road in the impacted areas!
TICD construction activities along Treasure Island Road and around Treasure Island's Front Gate and southern and western waterfronts has closed on-Island streets and realigned traffic circulation. Motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and MUNI-25 riders can expect the following:
Streets and Traffic Circulation:
- Avenue of Palms closed between California Avenue and 9th Street
- Clipper Cove Way closed between Treasure Island Road and Avenue D
- Treasure Island Causeway lane re-alignment between YBI Macalla Road and California Avenue
- All other on-Island streets remain open
For site safety considerations, the following MUNI - 25 Treasure Island stop closures and relocations around the construction area must take place:
- Treasure Island Front Gate inbound (IB) and outbound (OB) stops closed
- California Ave at Avenue C (IB and OB) stops relocated one block east to California Avenue at Avenue D
There are no impacts to the 25 route itself. Visit SFMTA.com to sign up for MUNI Alerts and recieve real-time and scheduled route alerts on your mobile device.
Local Business Relocations:
Certain businesses that formerly operated around the Treasure Island Front Gate now occupy new on-Island locations. Those businesses are:
- Island Market Deli (previously at the Treasure Island Front Gate) - Now located on the southern exterior of the Administration Building (customer parking in the main Administration BUilding parking lot)
- Mateo's Hot Dogs (previously on the western end of Treasure Island Road outside the Front Gate) - Now located at the corner of California Avenue and Avenue D
- Tammy's Chicken In Waffles (previously at Avenue of Palms and California Avenue) - Now located on Avenue D between California Avenue and Clipper Cove Way)
- TI Marina parking lot closed
- TI Marina slipholder and Island Market Deli patron parking relocated to Administration Building parking lot
- TI Front Gate Parking/Viewing area closed - Visitors and tours now directed to Visitor Parking Area - 9th Street between Avenue B and Avenue of the Palms
Visitors, Tours Buses and Charter Tours:
With the closure of the Front Gate Parking/Viewing area and Treasure Island Road realignment, there is no longer available space for visitor parking and tour bus/charter parking, ilding, loading and unloading of passengers at the Front Gate area.
A new Visitor Parking Area south of 9th Street between Avenue B and Avenue of Palms (east of Mersea Restaurant) is now available for the safe loading and unloading of tour bus/charter passengers wishing to enjoy the view of San Francisco Bay.
Tour bus and sightseeing charter vehicle parking, loading, unloading or idling is prohibited at all times in the Treasure Island Residential Neighborhood north of 9th Street .
Click links below to read and dowload previously issued Construction Advisories: