Board of Directors - October 14, 2020 - Agenda
TREASURE ISLAND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
October 14, 2020 – 1:30PM
This meeting is being held by Videoconference Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 and the First, Fifth, and Eighth Supplements to Mayoral Proclamations Declaring the Existence of a Local Emergency
WATCH LIVE: SFGTV2 Comcast 78 or www.sfgovtv.org/tidaLIVE
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: (408) 418-9388
Access Code: 146 308 6161
Remote Access to Information and Participation
In accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s statewide order for all residents to “Stay at Home” - and the numerous local and state proclamations, orders and supplemental directions - aggressive directives have been issued to slow down and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Pursuant to the lifted restrictions on video conferencing and teleconferencing, the Treasure Island Development Authority Board of Directors (TIDA Board) will convene remotely and allow for remote public comment.
If you want to ensure your comment on any item on the agenda is received by the TIDA Board in advance of the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 13. Written comments will be treated as a substitute to providing public comment by phone during the meeting.
Visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org/tidaLIVE) to stream the live meetings.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: (408) 418-9388 / Access Code: 146 308 6161
V. Fei Tsen, President Mark Dunlop, Secretary
Linda Fadeke Richardson Ruby Shifrin
Ike Kwon Supervisor Matt Haney (Ex-Officio)
Robert Beck, Treasure Island Director
Kate Austin, Commission Secretary
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
This item is to allow members of the public to address the Treasure Island Development Authority Board (“Authority Board”) on matters that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Authority Board and that do not appear on the agenda. In addition to General Public Comment, Public Comment will be held after each item on the agenda. (Discussion Item) Estimated Length of Item: 10 minutes
This item is to allow the Treasure Island Director to report on Island Operations and Development activities including leasing, health and public safety, utilities, budget, Quality of Life issues, social services and on-Island events, the status of environmental remediation and coordination with the Department of the Navy, interactions with other City and State agencies, progress with Treasure Island Community Development in implementation of the Disposition and Development Agreement and related plans, and other activities related to the transfer and development of the former Naval Station Treasure Island. (Discussion Item) Estimated Length of Item: 10 minutes
4. Communications From and Received by TIDA (Discussion Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 5 minutes
5. Ongoing Business by Board of Directors (Discussion Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 5 minutes
6. CONSENT AGENDA (Action Items) Estimated Length of Item: 5 minutes
All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered to be routine by the Authority Board and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Authority Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Authority Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
- Approving the Minutes of the August 8, 2020 Meeting
- Resolution Approving and Authorizing the Execution of a Seventh Amendment to The Professional Services Agreement between the Treasure Island Development Authority and Young Men’s Christian Association of San Francisco (formerly Embarcadero YMCA, a Branch of the YMCA of San Francisco), a California non-profit corporation to increase the annual contract amount
- Resolution Revising the Membership of Officers of the Infrastructure & Transportation Committee and the Sustainability Committee
- Resolution Authorizing the Director to Enter into Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement with the San Francisco County Transportation Authority for Westside Bridges Seismic Retrofit Project Right of Way Certification
- Resolution Authorizing the Director to Enter into Amendment No. 3 to the Memorandum of Agreement with the San Francisco County Transportation Authority for Construction of the Westside Bridges Seismic Retrofit Project
- Resolution Approving and Authorizing the Execution of a First Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement between the Treasure Island Development Authority and Rubicon Enterprises, Inc., a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, to increase the annual Scope of Services and not to exceed Contract Amount for Fiscal Year 2020-2021
- Resolution Approving and Authorizing the Execution of a Lease to Lease No. 1,327 with Aracely Hospitality, Inc., a California corporation doing business as Aracely Cafe for lease of a portion of Building 33 F, the Former Treasure Island Elementary School located at 401 13th Street, Treasure Island
7. Resolution Establishing an Ad Hoc Nominating Committee, Consisting of Three Members of the Treasure Island Development Authority Board of Directors to Nominate Officers to Serve One Year Term. (Action Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 10 minutes
8. Community Facilities Needs Assessment Update (Informational Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 25 minutes
9. Wayfinding Signage and YBI Parks Names (Informational Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 20 minutes
10. Transitional Housing Outreach Update (Informational Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 15 minutes
11. Discussion of Future Agenda Items by Directors (Discussion Item)
Estimated Length of Item: 5 minutes
Relevant documents such as resolutions, staff summaries, leases, subleases are available at the Treasure Island Development Authority Office, One Avenue of the Palms, Second Floor, Treasure Island, and the Government Information Center at the Main Library, 100 Larkin Street. Public comment is taken on each item on the agenda.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the TIDA Board of Directors after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at Treasure Island Development Authority, Building One, 2nd Floor, One Ave. of Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130 during normal office hours.
The Treasure Island Development Authority holds its regular meetings at San Francisco City Hall. City Hall is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and others with disabilities. Assistive listening devices are available upon request. Agendas are available in large print. Materials in alternative formats and/or American Sign Language interpreters will be made available upon request. Please make your request for alternative format or other accommodations to the Mayor’s Office on Disability 554-6789 (V), 554 6799 (TTY) at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to help ensure availability.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center Plaza at the intersection of Market, Grove, and Hyde Streets. The accessible MUNI Metro lines are the J, K, L, M, and N (Civic Center Station or Van Ness Avenue Station). MUNI bus lines serving the area are the 47 Van Ness, 9 San Bruno, and the 6, 7, 71 Haight/ Noriega. Accessible curbside parking is available on 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call 923-6142.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based scented products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers, and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign and Governmental Code 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112; web site http://www.sfgov.org/ethics/.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. The Sunshine Ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance [Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code] or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact by mail Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Rm. 244, San Francisco CA 94102; phone at (415) 554-7724; fax at (415) 554-5163; or by email at email@example.com
Citizens may obtain a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, at http://www.sfbos.org/sunshine.
Per the Language Access Ordinance (Chapter 91 of the San Francisco Administrative Code), Chinese, Spanish and or Filipino (Tagalog) interpreters will be available upon requests. Meeting Minutes may be translated, if requested, after they have been adopted by the Commission. Assistance in additional languages may be honored whenever possible. To request assistance with these services please contact the Commission Clerk Kate Austin at 415-274-0646 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of the hearing. Late requests will be honored if possible.
ACCESO A IDIOMAS
De acuerdo con la Ordenanza de Acceso a Idiomas “Language Access Ordinance” (Capítulo 91 del Código Administrativo de San Francisco “Chapter 91 of the San Francisco Administrative Code”) intérpretes de chino, español y/o filipino (tagalo) estarán disponibles de ser requeridos. Las minutas podrán ser traducidas, de ser requeridas, luego de ser aprobadas por la Comisión. La asistencia en idiomas adicionales se tomará en cuenta siempre que sea posible. Para solicitar asistencia con estos servicios favor comunicarse con el Secretario de la Comisión Kate Austin al 415-274-0646, o email@example.com por lo menos 48 horas antes de la reunión. Las solicitudes tardías serán consideradas de ser posible.
PAG-ACCESS SA WIKA
Ayon sa Language Access Ordinance (Chapter 91 ng San Francisco Administrative Code), maaaring mag-request ng mga tagapagsalin sa wikang Tsino, Espanyol, at/o Filipino (Tagalog). Kapag hiniling, ang mga kaganapan ng miting ay maaring isalin sa ibang wika matapos ito ay aprobahan ng komisyon. Maari din magkaroon ng tulong sa ibang wika. Sa mga ganitong uri ng kahilingan, mangyaring tumawag sa Clerk ng Commission Kate Austin sa 415-274-0646, o firstname.lastname@example.org sa hindi bababa sa 48 oras bago mag miting. Kung maari, ang mga late na hiling ay posibleng pagbibigyan.