Board of Directors - November 10, 2021 - Agenda
TREASURE ISLAND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
November 10, 2021 – 1:30PM
This meeting is being held by Videoconference Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 and the First, Fifth, and Eighth Supplements to Mayoral Proclamations Declaring the Existence of a Local Emergency
WATCH LIVE: www.sfgovtv.org/tidaLIVE
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: (415) 655-0001
Access Code: 2492 945 6836
Remote Access to Information and Participation
In accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s statewide order for all residents to “Stay at Home” - and the numerous local and state proclamations, orders and supplemental directions - aggressive directives have been issued to slow down and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Pursuant to the lifted restrictions on video conferencing and teleconferencing, the Treasure Island Development Authority Board of Directors (TIDA Board) will convene remotely and allow for remote public comment.
If you want to ensure your comment on any item on the agenda is received by the TIDA Board in advance of the meeting, please send an email to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 9. Written comments will be treated as a substitute to providing public comment by phone during the meeting.
Visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org/tidaLIVE) to stream the live meetings.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: (415) 655-0001/ Access Code: 2492 945 6836
V. Fei Tsen, President Mark Dunlop, Secretary
Linda Fadeke Richardson Ike Kwon
Julia Prochnik La’Shawndra Breston
Supervisor Matt Haney (Ex-Officio)
Robert Beck, Treasure Island Director
Kate Austin, Commission Secretary
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
This item is to allow members of the public to address the Treasure Island Development Authority Board (“Authority Board”) on matters that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Authority Board and that do not appear on the agenda. In addition to General Public Comment, Public Comment will be held after each item on the agenda.
(Discussion Item) – 10 minutes
3. Resolution Making Findings to Allow Teleconferenced Meetings Under California Government Code Section 54953(e) (Action Item) – 10 minutes
This item is to allow the Treasure Island Director to report on Island Operations and Development activities including leasing, health and public safety, utilities, budget, Quality of Life issues, social services and on-Island events, the status of environmental remediation and coordination with the Department of the Navy, interactions with other City and State agencies, progress with Treasure Island Community Development in implementation of the Disposition and Development Agreement and related plans, and other activities related to the transfer and development of the former Naval Station Treasure Island. (Discussion Item) – 20 minutes
6. Ongoing Business by Board of Directors (Discussion Item) – 5 minutes
7. CONSENT AGENDA (Action Items) – 5 minutes
All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered to be routine by the Authority Board and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Authority Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Authority Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
- Approving the Minutes of the October 13, 2021 Meeting
- Resolution of the Treasure Island Development Authority Board of Directors Authorizing the Execution of the California Housing Accelerator Documents Including the Standard Agreement and Any Amendments or Modifications Thereto, Authorizing the Authority to Accept and Expend a Loan of Not to Exceed $65,000,000 Approved by the Housing Community Development; and Authorizing the Director of the Treasure Island Development Authority to Execute Such Documents
8. Resolution Establishing an Ad Hoc Nominating Committee, Consisting of Three Members of the Treasure Island Development Authority Board of Directors to Nominate Officers to Serve One Year Term. (Action Item) – 10 minutes
9. Presentation of Draft TIDA Collections Management Policy (Informational Item) – 10 minutes
10. Resolution Approving and Authorizing License No. 1,382 with Treasure Island Series 2, LLC., a Delaware limited liability company for the use of the Ferry Terminal located on Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA. (Action Item) – 10 minutes
11. TIMMA Update on Toll and Discount Policy Draft Recommendations
(Informational Item) – 25 minutes
12. Possible Closed Session to Confer with Legal Counsel
- Public comment on matters pertaining to closed session.
b. Vote on whether to hold closed session to confer with legal counsel on existing litigation.
1). CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)(1), the Commission will discuss with legal counsel existing litigation.
Existing Litigation: Treasure Island Former and Current Residents et al v. United States of America et al
2.) Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussions held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)).
c. Reconvene in open session
(Discussion Item) – 5 minutes