UPDATE: Yerba Buena Island Macalla Road Re-Opened to Vehicle Traffic as of Thursday March 19, 2020
Forest Road Detour Road now closed
Yerba Buena Island Macalla Road has re-opened to public traffic (vehicles only) as of Thursday March 19, 2020. Pedestrian and bicycle facility are still under construction and will be completed in late 2020. A new three-way stop is also now installed at the intersection of Treasure Island Road and Macalla Road. The Treasure Island community can expect the following as of Thursday March 19, 2020:
- New stop signs on Treasure Island Road in both the inbound and outbound direction at the Macalla Road intersection. View diagram of new stop sign location.
- Intersection of Macalla Road and Treasure Island Road is a three-way controlled stop for all vehicles and bicycles travelling along Treasure Island Road, and for all vehicles turning into or off of Macalla Road.
- Vehicles exiting the I-80 Freeway West Bound ramp now turn right onto Macalla Road for Treasure Island destinations. View diagram of traffic circulation.
- Vehicles exiting the I-80 Freeway West Bound ramp now turn left to access Northgate Road and Coast Guard facilities.
- Current Macalla and Forest Road detour road is closed to public traffic.
- Vehicles traveling from Treasure Island to San Francisco can access the new I-80 West Bound ramp via Macalla Road or on the historic access I-80 West Bound Ramp via Treasure Island Road
- Route for all vehicles to East Bay from Treasure Island via Hillcrest Road remains unchanged.