Information on Reduction of Non-Essential TIDA Departmental Functions and Adjustments to Island Programs
Updated March 31, 2020 consistent with new Public Health Order C19-07b
UPDATE: In compliance with the Order of the Health Officer C19-07b issued March 31, 2020 and superceeding Health Order C19-07 issued March 17th, 2020, the Treasure Island Development Authority's non-essential operations are ceased, and its public office is closed, through May 3, 2020. During this time period, TIDA’s primary mission will be to minimize/prevent disruptions and impacts to on-Island operations and services, to the extent possible.
Essential TIDA staff will maintain a presence on-Island while continuing to maintain regular lines of communication and coordination with residential property manager agencies and other key Island stakeholders. Some important things to be aware of during this period: (most recently updated Wednesday April 1, 2020)
- The Treasure Island Food Pantry remains open. Food Pantry hours are every Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 4:45 PM at ShipShape.
- There is a Free Meal Pick-Up for Treasure Island families every Tuesday and Friday from 10:30 A to 11:30 A at ShipShape.
- Island Cove Market and Treasure Island Market Deli remain open.
- Treasure Island Child Development Center remains open.
- No changes to SFMTA MUNI-25 bus service.
- San Francisco Public Library Mobile Services (Bookmobile and Techmobile) on-Island are suspended through May 31st, 2020. View SF Public Library COVID-19 Adjustments Frequently Asked Questions.
- There are no impacts to delivery of City and County of San Francisco public safety services on TI/YBI.
- There are no changes in the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) operation and maintenance of TI/YBI utility infrastructure, including response to, and restoration of, any unplanned utility service interruptions or sanitary-sewer overflows that may occur. View information about reporting utility problems on Treasure/Yerba Buena Islands.
- Treasure Island Gymnasium is closed through May 3, 2020.
- Treasure Island Playgrounds (Avenue E and 13th Street, Avenue B and 9th Street), Treasure Island Dog Park and Treasure Island Skatepark are closed through May 3, 2020.
- The Yerba Buena Island Vista Point is closed and TI-YBI Vista Point Bicycle Shuttle is temporarily suspended through May 3, 2020.
- There is no impact to bicycle through-traffic between the Bay Bridge Bicycle Path and Yerba Buena/Treasure Islands.
- Treasure Island Administration Building is closed to public visitors through May 3rd, 2020.
- There are changes to the Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit procedures. View information about temporary changes to Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit issuance.
- The April 8th, 2020 Treasure Island Community Development Community Construction meeting is cancelled.
- The April 15, 2020 TI/YBI Stewardship Volunteer Day is cancelled.
- Free meals are also available to students through the San Francisco Unified School District Meals Program at SFUSD sites in San Francisco during school closures. View information about the SFUSD Meals Program.
TIDA will continue to provide updates on this page relating to delivery of services by City departments and on-Island stakeholder organizations as events warrant. Please see below for links to all Health Orders issued by the City and County of San Francisco as well as to public information and resources from the City regarding COVID-19 prevention and mitigation in multiple languages.
Use trusted resources to stay up to date with accurate information regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) and San Francisco Shelter-In-Place directions
Click here to view information on the City's Stay-At-Home Direction (updated effective March 31, 2020)
For official updates about the coronavirus text COVID19SF to 888-777