COVID-19-Related Adjustments to On-Island Services and Facilities
As required by City and County of San Francisco Public Health Orders
MOST RECENT UPDATE: May 12, 2020
Adjustments to TIDA departmental operations:
In compliance with the Order of the Health Officer C19-07c issued April 29, 2020 and superseeding Health Orders C-19-07a (issued March 17, 2020) and C19-07b (issued March 31st, 2020), the Treasure Island Development Authority's non-essential operations are ceased, and its public office is closed, through May 31, 2020. During this time period, TIDA’s primary mission will be to minimize/prevent disruptions and impacts to on-Island operations and services, to the extent possible. Essential TIDA staff will maintain a presence on-Island while continuing to maintain regular lines of communication and coordination with residential property manager agencies and other key Island stakeholders.
Some important things to be aware of during this period:
- There are no impacts to delivery of City and County of San Francisco public safety services on TI/YBI.
- The SFMTA MUNI-25 bus is in service between the SF Transit Center and TI/YBI. SFMTA MUNI Citywide Owl Service Period, including MUNI 25-Treasure Island Owl Service, is nightly from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM, .
- There are no changes in the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) operation and maintenance of TI/YBI utility infrastructure, including response to, and restoration of, any unplanned utility service interruptions or sanitary-sewer overflows that may occur. View information about reporting utility problems on Treasure/Yerba Buena Islands.
- There are no changes to Treasure Island residential property managers response to, and repair of, maintinence issues at Treasure Island residential properties.
Open on-Island businesses and ongoing community services:
- The Treasure Island Food Pantry is open every Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 4:45 PM at ShipShape. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- There is a Free Meal Pick-Up for Treasure Island families every Tuesday and Friday from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at ShipShape. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Free meals are also available to students through the San Francisco Unified School District Meals Program at SFUSD sites in San Francisco during school closures. View information about the SFUSD Meals Program.
- Island Cove Market (Avenue H btwn 11th and 13th Streets) is open daily from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Island Market Deli (Clipper Cove Way at Treasure Island Road) is open daily from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Aracely Cafe (401 13th Street at Avenue E) is open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM for pick-up. (Patrons must wear face covering) View current menu on the Aracely Cafe website.
- Mersea Restaurant (9th Street at Avenue of Palms) is open for pick-up and on-Island delivery Wednesday-Thursday-Friday. Orders must be placed ahead of time on Monday or Tuesday for Wed-Th-Fri deliery or pickup. Email email@example.com or call 415-999-9836 (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Mateo's Hotdog (Clipper Cove Way at Avenue D) is open daily from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Thanks to advocacy from Island residents and District 6 Supervisor Matt Haney, the following food delivery apps are now serving Treasure Island:
- Amazon Prime Now
- 7/11 (app)
- Treasure Island Child Development Center remains open.
- Recology collection services for residential and commercial accounts continue. View information from Recology for residential and commercial customers.
- A Tran's Bay Bikes bicycle repair shop remains open.
- There is no impact to bicycle through-traffic between the Bay Bridge Bicycle Path and Yerba Buena/Treasure Islands.
- Clipper Cove Beach on Yerba Buena Island and Treasure Island Perimeter Path on the north end of Treasure Island remain open during daylight hours, use is restricted to walking, running and exercising with your dog. Gatherings of any size, group exercise and shared use of recreation equipment and water sports equipment is prohibited on Clipper Cove Beach and on Perimiter Path. Please practice social distancing of at least 6 feet if walking or running.
Suspended on-Island community services and closed facilities:
- San Francisco Public Library Mobile Services (Bookmobile and Techmobile) on-Island are suspended through May 31st, 2020. View SF Public Library COVID-19 Adjustments Frequently Asked Questions.
- Treasure Island Gymnasium is closed through May 31, 2020.
- ShipShape Community Center is closed through May 31, 2020 - Closure does not include weekly Food Pantry and Tuesday-Friday Family Meal Distribution held at ShipShape
- Treasure Island Playgrounds, Treasure Island Dog Park are closed through May 31, 2020.
- The Yerba Buena Island Vista Point is closed and TI-YBI Vista Point Bicycle Shuttle is temporarily suspended through May 31, 2020.
- Treasure Island Administration Building is closed to public visitors through May 31, 2020.
- There are changes to the Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit procedures. View information about temporary changes to Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit issuance.
- Treasure Island Job Corps Fine Dining Facility is closed through May 31, 2020
- The May 19, 2020 TIDA Board of Directors Infrastructure and Transportation Committee meeting is cancelled.
- The June 2, 2020 TI/YBI Citizen Advisory Board meeting is cancelled.
TIDA will continue to provide updates on this page relating to delivery of services by City departments and on-Island stakeholder organizations as events warrant. Please see below for City and County of San Francisco public information and resources regarding COVID-19.
General City and County of San Francisco COVID-19 resources:
View information on the City's Stay-At-Home Direction (updated effective March 31, 2020)
SFMTA MUNI-25/SF Unified School District/District 6 resources:
View a Google Doc of District 6 resources and services (this resource is maintained by the Office of Supervisor Matt Haney, for questions/suggestions/comments on this resource please contact Sup. Haney's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 415-554-7970)
CCSF resources for businesses and employees:
Most businesses in the City are required to close during the coronavirus outbreak. Businesses defined as "Essential Businesses" are encouraged to remain open, yet mst also adhere to specific operational requirements and limitation.
SFPUC On-Island Utility Services Commercial Account Holders Late Payment and Pay Plans:
- During these difficult times, SFPUC will not shut off water or power services due to late payments.
- SFPUC is also postponing liens and collections during this time.
If you are having financial difficulties and need to enter into a pay plan for your on-Island commercial utility service account, please email SFPUC at email@example.com or call us at (415) 551-4720
Recology Temporary Commercial Collection Service Suspension Program:
In an effort to manage the high call volume due to impacts from COVID-19, commercial account holders may temporarily suspend their commercial collection services as directed by the San Francisco Shelter in Place directive. Please be advised: Service will resume after Local Health Department Shelter in Place directives have been lifted. If you would like to permanently close your account, please call 415.330.1300.
For official updates about the coronavirus text COVID19SF to 888-777