COVID-19-Related Adjustments to On-Island Businesses, Services and Facilities
As required by City and County of San Francisco Public Health Orders
MOST RECENT UPDATE: June 18, 2020
Adjustments to TIDA departmental operations:
In compliance with the Orders of the Health Officer, the Treasure Island Development Authority's non-essential operations are ceased, and its public office is closed. During this time period, TIDA’s primary mission will be to minimize/prevent disruptions and impacts to on-Island operations and services, to the extent possible. Essential TIDA staff will maintain a presence on-Island while continuing to maintain regular lines of communication and coordination with residential property manager agencies and other key Island stakeholders.
Ongoing San Francisco municipal services on Treasure and Yerba Buena Islands:
- No impacts to delivery of City and County of San Francisco public safety services on TI/YBI.
- SFMTA MUNI-25 bus is in service. SFMTA MUNI Citywide Owl Service Period, including MUNI 25-Treasure Island Owl Service, is nightly from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM, .
- No changes in the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) operation and maintenance of TI/YBI utility infrastructure, including response to, and restoration of, unplanned utility service interruptions or sanitary-sewer overflows that may occur. View information about reporting utility problems on Treasure/Yerba Buena Islands.
- No changes to Treasure Island residential property managers response to, and repair of, maintinence issues at Treasure Island residential properties.
- Recology collection services for residential and commercial accounts continue. View information from Recology for residential and commercial customers.
Treasure Island's open businesses and ongoing community services:
Free meals programs for Island residents: (All patrons must wear face covering)
- Treasure Island Food Pantry every Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 4:45 PM at ShipShape.
- Treasure Island Free Meal Pick-Up for Island families every Tuesday and Friday from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at ShipShape.
- San Francisco Unified School District Meals Program for students at SFUSD sites in San Francisco during school closures. View information about the SFUSD Meals Program.
Child-care and summer camps:
- Treasure Island Child Development Center re-opens July 1, 2020 under reduced operating capacity.
- YMCA 2020 Summer Camps will take place at Treasure Island Gymnasium under reduced operating capacity. Please contact Shiante Lewis, Treasure Island Community YMCA Director, at 415-765-9037 for more information on summer camps.
- Treasure Island Sailing Center 2020 summer programming willl take place under reduced operating capacity. Please contact TISC at 415-221-2225 for more information on summer programming.
Grocery stores and markets: (All patrons must wear face covering)
- Island Cove Market (Avenue H btwn 11th and 13th Streets) open daily from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Island Market Deli (Clipper Cove Way at Treasure Island Road) open daily from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Restaurants: (All patrons must wear face covering)
- Aracely Cafe (401 13th Street at Avenue E) open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM for pick-up. View current menu on the Aracely Cafe website.
- Mersea Restaurant (9th Street at Avenue of Palms) open Wed.-Thurs.-Fri for pick-up and on-Island delivery. Must pre-order pick-up/delivery orders on Monday or Tuesday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-999-9836.
Mersea now re-open for outdoor dining: Mon.: CLOSED, Tues. through Fri.: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Sat.-Sun.: 11:00am - 6:00pm. (Patrons must wear face covering)
- Mateo's Hotdog (Clipper Cove Way at Avenue D) open daily from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Thanks to advocacy from Island residents and District 6 Supervisor Matt Haney, the following food delivery apps are now serving Treasure Island (TIDA does not validate the accuracy of this list nor the quality or extent of service provided):
- Amazon Prime Now
- 7/11 (app)
- A Tran's Bay Bikes bicycle repair shop remains open. (Patrons must wear face coverings)
- Bicycle through-traffic open between the Bay Bridge Bicycle Path and Yerba Buena/Treasure Islands.
- Treasure Island Perimeter Path on the north end of Treasure Island open during daylight hours. Use restricted to walking, running, exercising, and dog-walking. Gatherings of any size, group exercise and shared use of recreation equipment and use of water sports equipment is prohibited on Perimiter Path. Please wear face coverings and practice social distancing of at least 6 feet.
Treasure Island's closed facilities and suspended community services:
- San Francisco Public Library Mobile Services (Bookmobile and Techmobile) on-Island are currently suspended. View SF Public Library COVID-19 Adjustments Frequently Asked Questions.
- Treasure Island Community YMCA is currently closed for recreational activity. See information above regarding YMCA on-Island summer camps.
- ShipShape Community Center is currently closed for regular classes and programs. - Closure does not include weekly Food Pantry and Family Meal Distribution events.
- Treasure Island Playgrounds and Treasure Island Dog Park are currently closed.
- The Yerba Buena Island Vista Point is currently closed and TI-YBI Vista Point Bicycle Shuttle is temporarily suspended.
- Treasure Island Administration Building is closed to public visitors.
- There are changes to the Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit procedures. View information about temporary changes to Clipper Cove Anchorage Permit issuance.
- Treasure Island Job Corps Fine Dining Facility is currently closed.
- The TI/YBI Stewardship Program's monthly public volunteer days hosted by TIDA and SF Environment are currently suspended.
TIDA will continue to provide updates on this page relating to delivery of services by City departments and on-Island stakeholder organizations as events warrant. Please see below for City and County of San Francisco public information and resources regarding COVID-19.
General City and County of San Francisco COVID-19 resources:
SFMTA MUNI-25/SF Unified School District/District 6 resources:
View a Google Doc of District 6 resources and services (this resource is maintained by the Office of Supervisor Matt Haney, for questions/suggestions/comments on this resource please contact Sup. Haney's office at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 415-554-7970)
City and County of San Francisco resources for businesses and employees:
Businesses defined as "Essential Businesses" are encouraged to remain open, yet mst also adhere to specific operational requirements and limitation.
SFPUC On-Island Utility Services Commercial Account Holders Late Payment and Pay Plans:
During these difficult times, SF Public Utilites Commission (SFPUC) will not shut off water or power services due to late payments. SFPUC is also postponing liens and collections during this time.
If you are having financial difficulties and need to enter into a pay plan for your on-Island commercial utility service account, please email SFPUC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (415) 551-4720
Recology Temporary Commercial Collection Service Suspension Program:
In an effort to manage the high call volume due to impacts from COVID-19, commercial account holders may temporarily suspend their commercial collection services as directed by the San Francisco Shelter in Place directive. Please be advised: Service will resume after Local Health Department Shelter in Place directives have been lifted. If you would like to permanently close your account, please call 415.330.1300.
For official updates about the coronavirus text COVID19SF to 888-777