TICD Phase 1 Construction - Traffic Circulation, Street Closures and Parking Restrictions
ADVISORY WEEK OF APRIL 16, 2018:
The following changes are now in place as of Tuesday April 17th, 2018:
- Avenue of the Palms permanently closed to north-south vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist traffic between California Ave. and 9th St.
- All parking spaces and public viewing areas along the western shoulder of Treasure Island Road and at the Front Gate closed.
- Both inbound and outbound vehicle traffic traveling on the west side of the Causeway between Macalla Rd. and California Ave.
- All local north-south Island traffic between California Ave. and 9th St. traveling along Avenue H, Avenue M, and Avenue N.
- Cyclists and vehicles SHARE THE ROAD through the impacted areas on Treasure Island Road, Avenue of the Palms and California Ave.
- Administration Building vehicle parking lot for TI Marina, Island Market Deli and Administration Building access from Avenue of the Palms through the lot’s northern entrance only.
- All other on-Island streets and intersections remain open.
- Mateo's Hot Dogs relocated to California Avenue at Avenue D.
- Designated parking and unloading areas for tour buses, charters and sightseers now located at 9th Street and Avenue B.
Please drive safely on-Island at all times. Motorists and cyclists are reminded to Share the Road in the impacted areas!
Updated April 17, 2018
TICD construction activities along Treasure Island Road and around Treasure Island's Front Gate and southern and western waterfronts have closed on-Island streets and realigned traffic circulation. Motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and MUNI-25 riders can expect the following:
Streets and Traffic Circulation:
- Avenue of Palms closed between California Avenue and 9th Street
- Clipper Cove Way closed between Treasure Island Road and Avenue D
- Treasure Island Causeway lane re-alignment between YBI Macalla Road and California Avenue
- All other on-Island streets remain open
For site safety considerations, the following MUNI - 25 Treasure Island stop closures and relocations around the construction area must take place:
- Treasure Island Front Gate inbound (IB) and outbound (OB) stops closed
- California Ave at Avenue C (IB and OB) stops relocated one block east to California Avenue at Avenue D
There are no impacts to the 25 route itself. Visit SFMTA.com to sign up for MUNI Alerts and recieve real-time and scheduled route alerts on your mobile device.
- TI Marina parking lot closed
- TI Marina slipholder and Island Market Deli patron parking relocated to Administration Building parking lot
- TI Front Gate Parking/Viewing area closed - Visitors and tours now directed to Visitor Parking Area - 9th Street between Avenue B and Avenue of the Palms
Visitors, Tours Buses and Charter Tours:
With the closure of the Front Gate Parking/Viewing area and Treasure Island Road realignment on Monday April 16, 2018, there will no longer be available space for visitor parking and tour bus/charter parking, ilding, loading and unloading of passengers at the Front Gate area.
A new Visitor Parking Area south of 9th Street between Avenue B and Avenue of Palms (east of Mersea Restaurant) is now available for the safe loading and unloading of tour bus/charter passengers wishing to enjoy the view of San Francisco Bay.
Tour bus and sightseeing charter vehicle parking, loading, unloading or idling is prohibited at all times in the Treasure Island Residential Neighborhood north of 9th Street .
Click links below to read and dowload previously issued Construction Advisories: